Trends over time
What it tells you
In this report, you can see the monthly and yearly number of requests from each publisher including gateways and host intermediaries (ingentaconnect (Publishing Technology), SwetsWise, EbscoHOST, Ebsco EJS and ProQuest).
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and go to on Journals (R4)
- Select Trends over time
- Select publisher
- Select a single year or range of years by selecting a "from" and "to" year
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The data in the table show the total accesses per month, as well as the number of those accessed via a gateway or intermediary (shown in brackets). If you chose to display data over multiple years the table also has a % change column which will show at a glance whether usage has increased or decreased based on the previous year's figures.
Most summary reports in JUSP include intermediary figures as given in this report, either included in the totals or shown separately. This is always made clear in the notes for each report.
Please note that Ebsco EJS provided usage statistics up to July 2014; after that date usage of all titles accessed via Ebsco EJS comes directly from the publisher.
Top tips for using this report
- You may also wish to view the last two or three years for easier comparison of usage in recent years
- If the percentage change is upwards, this will provide a useful headline figure to use in reports; if the change is downwards, you may want to investigate further
- Download table as a CSV file to do your own analysis in Excel