SCONUL returns (from BR2)
What it tells you
Before the transition to COUNTER Release 5 the annual SCONUL statistical return asked libraries to report on the number of section requests (COUNTER BR2 or equivalent) for the academic year 1 August - 31 July. The SCONUL return report helps provide this information for any suppliers within JUSP.
Where BR2 data are not available, the BR1 report can be used and a multiplier applied to estimate the section requests. The JUSP SCONUL returns report only includes BR2 data.
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and go to Books and other (R4)
- Select "SCONUL returns (from BR2)"
- Select an individual supplier or all suppliers
- Select a date range
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The resulting report will give the number of section requests for the specified academic year for each publisher in the portal (or the specified publisher you chose for the report). It only includes data from BR2, and BR1 data will need to be added separately.
Top tips for using this report
- Download the data as a CSV file and combine this with any data from suppliers not in JUSP or providing the BR1 instead before submitting your SCONUL return
- Download data from different academic years to compare usage longitudinally
- Sort by Total BR2 to identify suppliers with the highest number of section requests