What it tells you
It tells you the number of searches, result clicks and record views that occurred on a platform each month. This counts the same types of user activity as the DB1 report, but at a platform level rather than database level, and so is also used for publisher platforms which have search and browse functions on their websites but are not databases.
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and go to Books and other (R4)
- Select "Platform Report 1: Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform"
- Select a Service
- Select a date range by month and year
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The PR1 counts four ways in which your users can interact with a platform. Searches Regular counts the times users have conducted a search at the platform level, whereas Searches automated and federated would be those initiated by another system. Result Clicks shows the number of interactions performed by the user when viewing search results for that platform. Record Views counts views of the detailed metadata on the platform such as an abstract.
Alongside the DB1, JR1 and BR1/2 the platform report can provide a broader picture of how your users are interacting with the platform.
Top tips for using this report
- Compare with DB1, JR1 and BR1/2 to build a bigger picture of platform usage
- Download the CSV and carry out further analysis