What it tells you
This report show you the number of direct monthly denials or turnaways for each title from a selected supplier over a selected period in the BR3 report format. The BR3 only records access denied at the title level. If a supplier's report includes titles listed from different publishers, the report view will include an additional column showing the publisher for each title.
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and go to Books and other (R4)
- Select "Book report 3: Access Denied to Content Items by Month, Title and Category"
- Select a supplier
- Select a date range by month and year
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The BR3 shows the number of content access attempts that were denied on the supplier’s platform. The most common reason for access denied is due to "content item not licenced" and this is specified under "Metric Type" as "no_license". Other possible types are "turnaway" due to simultaneous/concurrent user limit allowed by the licence, or "other" for any other reasons. The report only includes titles that had access denials in the selected period from the selected supplier. If a title is available from more than one supplier, only access denials from the selected supplier is shown.
Top tips for using this report
- Sort by total to show titles with the highest/lowest number of access denied
- View the table showing the five titles with the highest access denied and compare this with the average for all titles in the selected period from that publisher to see an indication of relative demand
- Sort by Metric Type check to the type of denial
- If the reports includes titles from more than one publisher, sort by Publisher to view titles by publisher
- Download as a CSV file to do your own more detailed analysis in Excel