These use cases have been developed with our members, and showcase real examples of how JUSP can be used to benefit your institution.
- Making effective use of staff time - freeing up time from data collection to use elsewhere
- Ease of use and functionality - offering a service which is easy to use and fits into existing workflows
- Data assurance - providing accurate reliable data
- Community focus and expert support - developed to meet community needs and providing responsive support
- Assisting academic departments in understanding resource use - providing data that stakeholders can use to understand electronic resource usage
- Collecting data for regular reporting and decision making - providing data that can support new or existing workflows
- Informing decisions for substitutions/cancellations - providing data to support collection management
- Usage profiling – understanding your usage in a broader context
- JUSP for Further Education - providing easy access to usage data and saving time
- Creating usage summaries for dashboards and performance indicators - providing summary reports to quickly get headline figures
This short presentation by Alison Brock from the Open University also shows how her institution is using JUSP and the benefits it provides.