Summary of publisher usage by date range
What it tells you
This report provides usage (i.e. full-text article requests) of each publisher over a selected date range.
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and select Summary of publisher usage by date range
- Select publisher(s)
- Select a date range (data normally available from 2009-date)
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The resulting report will give the number of full-text article requests for the specified date range for each publisher in the portal (or the specified publisher you chose for the report).
The table includes direct access as well as access via intermediaries (ingentaconnect (Publishing Technology), SwetsWise, EbscoHOST and Ebsco EJS), and a totals column. It also shows Gold Open Access (GOA) usage for each publisher.
Most summary reports in JUSP include intermediary figures as given in this report, either included in the totals or shown separately. This is always made clear in the notes for each report.
Please note that Ebsco EJS provided usage statistics up to July 2014; after that date usage of all titles accessed via Ebsco EJS comes directly from the publisher.
Top tips for using this report
- Download data from different periods to compare usage longitudinally
- Compare data for financial years or other reporting periods
- View a pie chart to see at a glance the proportions of usage of each publisher
- Download as a CSV file to do your own more detailed analysis in Excel
- Sort by JR1 Total, JR1a Total or Frontfile to see the publishers with the highest total usage or highest usage of archives or frontfiles