What it tells you
This report show you the number of direct monthly denials or turnaways for each title from a selected publisher over a selected period in the BR3 report format. The BR3 only records access denied at the title level, not platform level.
How to run the report
- Log in to the portal and select "Book report 3: Access Denied to Content Items by Month, Title and Category"
- Select a publisher
- Select a date range by month and year (data available from 2014 to date)
- Click Generate
How to interpret the data
The BR3 shows the number of content access attempts that were denied and the users turned away. The most common reason for access denied is due to "content item not licenced" and this is specified under "Metric Type" as "no_license". Other possible types are "turnaway" due to simultaneous/concurrent user limit allowed by the licence, or "other" for any other reasons.
Top tips for using this report
- Sort by total to show titles with the highest/lowest number of access denied
- View the table and graph showing the five titles with the highest access denied and compare this with average for all titles in the selected period from that publisher to see an indication of relative demand
- Sort by Metric Type check to the type of denial
- Download as a CSV file to do your own more detailed analysis in Excel